January 2018 - Justin is currently an Engineer for JGL Racing in Denver, NC. JGL Racing fields two cars in the NASCAR Xfinity Series, #24 & #28.
December 2017 - Justin graduated from UNC Charlotte with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering with an emphasis in Motorsports.
Justin’s first season of racing in the NASCAR sanctioned limited late models was at Hickory Motor Speedway in Hickory, NC during the 2013 season. Asphalt racing is a unique sport where races and even practice costs thousands of dollars. The family was able to fund 6 races and Justin came through with impressive results – (1) Top 10; (5) Top 5’s including (2) wins.
Prior to racing late models, Justin raced in the INEX sanctioned Legend Car series in the Semi-Pro Division.
At the end of the 2012 season, Justin in just his first year:
• Ranked 9th out of over 390 Semi-Pro drivers in the US
• Out of 45 races, Justin had 26 top 10's with 10 wins
• Rookie of the Year at Lake Erie Speedway, PA
• Finished 4th in points in the Winter Heat Series held on the road course at Charlotte Motor Speedway
• 2012 PA State Champion on asphalt and road courses
• 2012 Race of Champions winner
• Promoted to Pro for the 2013 season
For the 2014 race season, Justin raced a Late Model in the NASCAR Whelen All-American Series for 10 races at Hickory Motor Speedway with (4) Top 15’s; (4) Top 10’s and (1) Top 5. Even with only racing 10 races, Justin was awarded a NASCAR Top 500 Certificate for ranking within the top 500 of drivers from all over the U.S. competing in the NASCAR Whelen All-American Series.
Click here to read more details about Justin's racing.